I won't blame all of you if you don't want to help because this isn't a L&C fic I'm working on. My muse just doesn't like those, I'm afraid--she hasn't had a hint of an idea for one in probably 4 or 5 years. She's been rather helpful with my latest fandom obsession, however, which is Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye.

Only problem is, I know nothing about firearms and gunshot wounds and all these things. So I posted to a community on LiveJournal designed to answer such questions. I got the two lesser questions answered, and my two really BIG questions--not answered yet. So I still can't work on my story, because where I go with this will depend on exactly what happens to the people when they're shot in the various places.

The post I made is here (I hope it's OK to link to): http://community.livejournal.com/little_details/2801662.html
I found a Youtube clip of the scenes in question and linked to it at that post, so you can go to it and spot where the gun is, how the shooting happened (or would've happened, since I am doing an alternate ending), etc.

Basically, #2 is the most important (gunshot wound to the back--what possible effects, as long as she doesn't die?), but it would be very helpful to know #1 (what kind of gun) and get an expanded answer to #3 (since it sounds like shoulder wounds are more serious than TV makes them out to be, what range of prognosis-es are we looking at?). With all the research that's been done on gunshot wounds for L&C, I'm sure someone here would know . . .

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, even just reading this. smile

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.