First of all, I agree with Tank. If you feel like this isn't the place for you, start looking for a better situation now. In my experience, it's easier to get a job when you still have one.

Trying to think about how lucky I was to be employed just didn't work for me. Yes, I made more money than the majority of the world's population, but knowing that didn't magically make my boss more understanding, lighten the work-load or give my corporate, drone-type job any sort of higher meaning. Believe it or not, when my last contract ended and I couldn't find work, I actually started feeling happier (although stressed in different ways).

Not that I'm recommending unemployment as a solution, nor do I want to downplay the hardships that many face due to unemployment. On the contrary, as one who was unemployed (first time in 15 years) for almost a year, I have a new and deeper compassion for people that struggle financially than I ever did before. However, I just don't believe that one needs to chain themselves to a bad work situation like I once did.

Having endured years in a job that didn't put me in a "happy place", I found a few things that helped me (other than drinking):

If your company allows a 10-15 minute coffee/smoke break in the morning, get out and take a quick walk in the morning light. You'll be amazed at how much more energetic you'll feel.

Do something that you love on your lunch break. During one of my most difficult times, I swam laps at a nearby pool or roller-bladed (is that a word?) around the parking lot during lunchtime. It not only helped me get in shape, but broke my work day into smaller, easier to handle chunks and gave me something I could look forward to other than the dismal office environment.

I also went back to school part-time (nights and weekends). It was hard fitting it into an already busy schedule, but it allowed me to explore a new career without leaving the security of the job I had.

Last, but not least, I read and wrote fanfiction. A good WaFFy story can do wonders as a pick-me-up.

Good luck, Sammie. I hope things get better for you.