But the gunman didn't kill 9 people. He killed 15. You've airbrushed a chunk of his victims out of the tragedy as though they didn't exist. I have no idea why you've done that - except that, of course, 8 out of 9 sounds much more sensational than 8 out of 15.
Well, Labby, out of the 15 victims of the shooter (not counting himself), I know the gender of 12 of them. I don't know anything specific about the 3 remaining victims, apart fromt he fact that they were not connected to the school, but I can tell you this about the gender of the remaining 12: 11 out of these 12 were female, three teachers and 8 students.

Actually, I think you have to give Ann credit for editing the teachers out since most teachers here are female. But the ratio of the students is near to fifty-fifty (although at the kind of school the shooting happened, there is a slight majority of girls). If you go for a random shooting of 9 students, getting a gender ratio of 8:1 (with equal distribution of both genders) has a probability of about 1:57 (actually, 9:512, if you want to know for sure). Since there are several cases like this one, not counting the one in Scotland for obvious reasons, I think it's unlikely enough to 'just happen', much less repeatedly.

A problem I do see, though, is within the classroom. In many German schools, the door is near to the front of the classroom. And guess what, most students sitting in the front row are girls.

Another difference between boys and girls I see (which might be a misconception) is in the way they react to danger. Girls usually scream, often in an annoyingly high voice. Boys are more likely to simply (re-)act in a way to preserve their lives. I know that, in many ways, I react more like the standard male, so let me tell you what I'd do if a shooter entered my classroom (if I were a student): I'd throw myself to the ground and try to be as inconspicuous as possible!

But what would I do as a teacher? Hope that my class and I get some warning (like shots ringing out) so I could do something. Like lock the door. Or, if the classroom is on the first floor, evacuate through the windows (unless they're facing the schoolyard). Otherwise, I'd have my students lie flat on their bellies directly beneath the windows (so they can't be seen through them, much less shot). Would I evacuate? I don't think so because it'd be too dangerous.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)