It looks like lunkhead is going to pull the 'I have to leave her to protect her' stupidity.

I've always hated that because it doesn't hold up under any logical scrutiny. Especially not in this case. Lois was hurt because of an investigation she was working on. An investigation that was part of her working life and had nothing to do with Superman, and any imagined relationship with him. It makes no logical sense nor would it make any sense to a guilt ridden lunkhead.

I can clearly feel Clark's guilt over not being there for her. You portrayed that very well, but it should really just reinforce his need to be with her. If he had any crazy ideas in his head it would be to quit his job at the Planet and move to San Francisco to be with her 24/7.

I have a great deal of respect for Erin's talents as a writer and I look forward to seeing where she takes this, but I do hope that we aren't going to see angst for angst sake when it doesn't follow from the natural flow of the story.

Tank (who realizes that his opinion is just that and knows that Erin knows what she's doing... after all, this is her story not mine)