Why shouldn't we believe in our bodies' ability to tell us when we need more water?
Many times people mistake thirst 'pains' for hunger pains and eat instead of drinking when they're bodies are telling them they need liquid, not solid. Everyone expects thirst pains to be when your mouth feels dry or whatever but it can also be when you feel 'hungry'. At least, that's what my husband learned in school. He majored in kineseology.

But besides that, I don't necessarily believe we have to drink as much water as everyone says. I only drink water because it has been the only thing that quenches my thirst. But I don't drink even close to the amounts that scientists say our bodies need. I usually drink 2 possibly 3 ozarka 1 pint (regular sized) bottles in a day and that's it. Nothing else. I don't usually drink when I don't feel thirsty.

However, I have on occasion noticed that if I do drink more in a day. Say I drink 3 bottles while I'm at work as opposed to 1. I will notice that I am more thirsty, and feel like I need more water. On those days, I will usually end up drinking about 5 or 6 bottles and still feel good at the end of the day.

I don't usually drink very much because I don't like to go to the bathroom. I'm just lazy and hate having to get up so often to go.

I don't lecture people who drink things besides water cause it's just from my personal experience that water is the ONLY thing that can quench my thirst.

I do think many women will drink a lot of water because of their body image or whatever. I don't think the fact that they're drinking a lot of water is an issue as much as the obsession of trying to be thin and beautiful.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw