Well, mine peaked in the 1950s and 60s, appropriately, when I was born.

Smiley, you talked about the rank of Jonathon. Well, I know one thing for sure - it was much lower than the rank of Jonathan. To me as a Swede, it is Jonathan that is the 'real' name, the one I grew up with, really the only one I had ever heard until people started spelling Jonathan Kent's name with an 'o' in fanfics!

In Swedish, by the way, 'Jonatan' is a popular name, but 'Jonaton' or 'Jonathon' is impossible. The reason for that is that in Swedish you pronounce all the vowels clearly and distinctly, so that an 'o' never sounds like an 'a'. And it seems just plain wrong to us to spell and pronounce Jonat(h)an with an 'o'. Doing that feels as wrong to us as it would to you to spell your former American presidents' names with an 'o' - you know, like Abrahom Lincoln, Richord Nixon, Williom Clinton or George Walkor Bush. Or how about the United States of Americo?

Ann

P.S.: I copied this from a site I found on the Internet. It's the principal cast of LnC. As you can see, Jonathan Kent spells his name with two a's! smile

K Callan - Martha Kent (photos)
Michael Landes - Jimmy Olsen (season 1) (photos)
Dean Cain - Clark Kent/Superman (photos)
Teri Hatcher - Lois Lane (photos)
Lane Smith - Perry White
Justin Whalin - Jimmy Olsen (seasons 2-4)
Tracy Scoggins - Catherine "Cat" Grant (season 1) (photos)
John Shea - Lex Luthor (season 1)
Eddie Jones - Jonathan Kent