I have the books. I read the first one and a half a few years ago, but haven't got around to finishing the trilogy.

I thought the first book -- The Northern Lights -- was terrific. Don't want to say more for fear of spoiling anyone. The second... I struggled to get into that one, which is definitely a shame because I've heard that the third is the best of the lot.

Of course, it didn't help that I heard a HUGE spoiler when I was listening to an interview with Philip Pullman one time. Argh! The curse of radio!

Having said all that, I really do want to sit down and get into the books again, because Pullman's world was magical to me. I loved the Daemons in Lyra's world so much!

And, yes, I'm also looking forward to seeing the film... eventually. (One of the prices I pay for living where I do is that we don't have ready access to a cinema.)

Chris

Edited to add: I took the test. My Daemon is a male gibbon called Nithreus. He's a very good looking fellow. smile Apparently I'm "modest, solitary, flexible, competitive and responsible". I can live with that. smile