My family's looking into spending a week at Disneyworld (or land; the one in Florida, anyway) sometime. What's a good time of year for that?
Not summer. No. No. No. Anything but summer. *shudder* I've been in June, July and August and it's tough. I've also been in November and October. Both really awesome experiences in comparison. Nice and cool, way less lines.

Also, can anybody think of anything we really ought to see (or avoid) while we're there?

Kids are 10 and 8.
We usually did the "rounds." Busch Gardens (an hour away), Sea World, Disney (usually Magic Kingdom only, but Epcot I hear has had some upgrades so it might be worth going), Wet n' Wild and Universal. I don't know about the new Disney water park and I'm not much fond of MGM. Caveat: it's been about 5 years since I was there.

If I'm remembering right--waking up early for everything is a must, we were usually among the first there. Also one strategy we used was attempting to go counterclockwise from all the parks' established routes (for example we always started in Frontierland in the Magic Kingdom). I don't know whether it really works *shrug* My parents swear by it though.

We also tended to avoid most of the parades like the plague, you can cram in rides during that time. It really depends how much time you intend to spend at each park. We usually do a day in each and use the weekend to rest up.

It's so much fun-- I have so many great memories. I look forward to taking my own kids in the future.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png