Hey guys,

I wonder how many FoLCs are involved in web publishing of any sort and can give me some advice?

See, the Malaysian-Singaporean Students Association in my university recently decided to start its own club e-newsletter. It's going to be a PDF thing, sent out twice a term, with tentative plans to make an additional HTML version as well.

No one in the club has any experience in this sort of thing, and I kinda drew the short straw. So I am now the new Communications Director (Editor) in the club.

I am not quite sure how to begin, beyond asking the club members what stuff they would want in a newsletter. For starters, what are the software normally associated with publishing? What factors should I consider when making a decision on which one to use? Are there specific newsletter formats/templates out there?

Perhaps the most important question of all: Assuming the contents are interesting, what specific features distinguish a well-designed/organised newsletter from a poorly designed/organised one?

Any and all help regarding starting a newsletter from scratch (and making regular issues) will be greatly appreciated.

Happy Mothers Day to all FoLC mothers out there!