Hi FoLCs!

Sorry I have become a bit of a lurker! I thought I would come out of hiding to tell you that I am indeed still here, although Real Life has gotten the best of me.

This January, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, so already 2006 has been quite a challenging year. She has had a successful lumpectomy, and will begin chemo tomorrow. Her prognosis is very good!

Still--such a diagnosis in my family had initially made me feel all helpless, but I have joined forces with my roommate and together we are doing a 60-mile, 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk this August. (More about that here, if anyone is interested in making a donation! I must raise $2,200! http://www.the3day.org/Boston06/alliegee ) My involvement with that is definitely making me feel more empowered.

In other news, I am still living and working in Brooklyn, NY (at the Brooklyn Museum). I love it! I love my apartment! I love my fish! I love my roomie!

In L&C news, I have not generated any new fanfic in a while, but I hope to do so again soon! I am EXCEEDINGLY proud that my "Hide and Seek" is a nominee for the "Best Tearjerker" Kerth! Thanks to all who nominated it--it was truly a labor of love, and I am grateful that it was memorable enough to be remembered (despite my lack of activity on the boards this year). There have been some excellent stories this year, and I am psyched about that! Additionally, I am thrilled about the DVD sets, which will be a huge inspiration to us all. (Yay!)

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hello, and to ask you all to send positive vibes to my family while my mom goes through her treatment!

Thank you all for keeping L&C alive and well!

xoxoox
Wanda Detroit.

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.