aaaaand another question.

when I was in a while ago having some drawings scanned, I ended up being advised to buy "CD-R" disks to store them on. brand is memorex, 52X, 700 MB, 80 mins, it says on the packaging. I thought, "cool! this'll take care of me for....like, centuries!" I got the minimum quantity (10). well, to make a long story short, on a subsequent trip I found out that after you have "accessed" the disk and stored a file on there, even if it's one beensy file of even 1K, the disk is kind of "locked" and you are unable to store any more info on it. it is, in effect, full, even if you have not used anywhere near the storage capacity on this 700-mg disk. they advised me to get this kind because it was "good for storing pictures". yeah. right.

so what kind of disks should I be using? i've got a write-able drive, but no scanner at home. I have others scan the drawings in, but ideally I would like a disk that I can, say, stick some drawings on there, and back up writing or whatever on my computer, move things around, delete, rewrite on the disk, etc. Is that "good for pictures" advice for ninnies? I'm sure any disk can hold the files it's given, right? I'm thinking they're talking about some impossibly subtle nuance when they say "this kind is good for pictures".