have you ever done this?

ok, you have to understand I'm part of a remote force, working from home. not in an office surrounded by other people talking about their weekend plans. I work for the government. the government. the one that depends upon the whims of the president for getting christmas eve off. yeah. so. monday is dec 26th. it's not christmas. christmas was yesterday. it's over (to the secular world, anyway wink ). I've spent the last couple of weeks being bummed that because of the way the calendar crumbled this year, we don't get a three day weekend outa this. frown

so it's monday, december 26th. my alarm clock rings, and i get up and outa bed. breakfast, put on my cool new t-shirt from the First United Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, brush my teeth, turn on my work computer, and start typing. I send email to one or two people bragging about my new tshirt, and keep typing. they don't respond. normally this isn't an issue, but today, a very, very, very tiny bell starts dingling in the back of my head. i'm about 12 minutes through an 18-minute psychological assessment and i start thinking "hmmmmm....."

I bring up excel, go to the bizness drive, open up the spreadsheet, and look at the leave schedule....

and proceed to write what I hope is a humorous and apologetic email to the lead transcriptionist and the chief of information processing telling them i've got half an hour here, they can do with it whatever they chose, compensatory time, overtime, credit hours, VOLUNTEER, whatever. and please don't hold back the laughter. and don't be shy about reaching for some kleenex to wipe your eyes.

.....sad thing is, this isn't the first time i've done this! blush