Flash: "He was such a great guy. He could do anything. All I can do is run fast. He could run as fast as me, but he never said a word... <sob>
First of all, my apologies for leaving this alone for so long! You have all set my mind at ease, and I've been remiss in showing my appreciation. And especially for the above quote, Paul. LOL! You see, that was how I was picturing him, and I admit I suspected there was a complicated physics component to Flash that would render his obvious effectiveness out of reach of my Liberal Arts major way of thinking.

Sara, thank you for the link! I've spent more time there than I want to let on. Also, I got a personal kick out of you doing my research for me, in light of our conversations on elephants in the rainforest. (I hope that isn't a spoiler for your current story.) Anyway, *one* of us looks everything up. And one of us... posts questions, instead.

Thank you to everyone who played along and contributed. I just finished 'The Never-Ending Battle' and you guys weren't kidding. Flash proved himself to be... darned useful.

So nice to lay that worry to rest, then.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank