Anyone else watch Dean's new movie on Lifetime last night?

It was cute and light. Not something I'll be rewatching, but it wasn't a waste of two hours. Dean was his usual adorable self ... he's looking very good, and it was great to see him in a romantic comedy again instead of all the "Die Hard" type action movies that he's gravitated to lately.

Storyline -- (Some spoilers below)

Denise Richards (who played Jimmy's love interest Angela on "Seasons Greedings", btw smile ) plays Lauren, a long-suffering "junior wedding planner", which means she does all the work (fabulously) and her boss takes the credit. She's in the process of getting a divorce from her cheating husband, who still can't believe she's actually serious about leaving him. Her boss lands a huge, high-visibility wedding, which Lauren needs to pull off in only 4 weeks, and if she succeeds, she gets the big promotion her boss has been promising.

Early in the movie, Lauren meets Nick (Dean Cain), a gorgeous, sweet, adorable fireman, when he comes to rescue the groom at another one of her weddings. They hit it off ... both flirting their cute little tushies off wink ... until she runs into him at a bar and sees the bride-from-hell that she's working with on the high-visibility wedding hanging all over him. Gasp, he must be the groom!

Comedy and silly antics ensue, with Nick pursuing Lauren and Lauren trying not to let herself fall for Nick, until they eventually realize they are perfect for each other. (Hint: Nick isn't who she thinks he is, bridally speaking.) More misunderstandings occur, as typical of the gendre, but nothing overly angsty or horrible. Along the way, Lauren rediscovers her backbone and starts standing up for herself instead of letting everyone walk all over her (her soon-to-be-ex, her mother, her boss). Happy ending, natch, and an even happier epilogue. smile

Dean's character was sheer perfection. Think Clark Kent without the powers, and thus without all the hangups. wink Cute, sexy, smart, funny, honest, affectionate, respectable, good with kids, and oh-so-romantic. Nothing too deep here, but gosh, it was good to see him being so adorable. smile (And seeing him in all the various types of fireman uniforms ... be still my heart! wink )

If you missed it, check out Lifetime.com for future airings -- I'm sure they'll be running the heck out of it, if their promotion leading up to the premiere was any indication. I've never seen so many commercials for a tv movie!

Kathy