Thank you very much for your detailed information, Sara! smile

Ireland was wonderful, the landscape was stunning and I loved the countless different shades of green. We had a really great time. Of course, we haven’t visited as much as we liked to, but I think we’ve covered quite a lot for only a week.

The flight was okay if you don’t count the yoghurt exploding in my face and all over my new shirt. I should have known not to open that darn thing when I saw that the top of the tub was bulged out. goofy

Kilkee has a great beach and a very beautiful scenic cliff walk. I found it even more stunning than the Cliffs of Moher, which we visited the second day. We had a day in the Burren, visiting Ailwee Cave and the ancient tombs. We also drove up to the Black Head and had a walk over the strange shaped rocks to the sea shore. That was very impressive.

One day we explored the Dingle Peninsula, driving over Connor Pass (wow!) and walking through Dingle. I love the colourful houses in Ireland! It’s so much more welcoming and friendly than our boring white or cream-coloured houses here. We were surprised how very nice and friendly the Irish people are, everyone was greeting us on the streets and giving us tips what to visit next. That’s something I could get used to. smile wink

I read about Fungi the Dingle Dolphin, but didn’t go to see him. Instead we did a boat tour on the Shannon to watch the dolphins there. And we really saw them! They even had calves with them and played around our boat. The only disadvantage is that I’m still suffering from the cold I’ve caught on the boat. But oh well, it was worth it! wink

We saw Lahinch and the beach, Bunratty Castle and Folk village and we visited Limerick and St. Johns Castle and St. Mary’s church. This was the only day that it was raining. The other days we had some mist and on three days the sun was shining constantly and I even got a tan. cool

Did I already mention that I liked Ireland very much? Because I really did! I have to come back sometime and stay several weeks to visit all the other places we hadn’t the chance to see.
Dublin for example, I had so many people recomment it for a visit, I'm really curious to see it, but it was a bit too far for us to visit it. Oh well, hopefully there will be a next time...

Ines wave

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)