Originally posted by Birdie:
[QB] [QUOTE]i think that Americans are the PRUDEST society on the face of the Earth (save, of course for like, oh i dunno, TALIBAN GOVERENED AFGHANISTAN)
Hyperbole much?

Also the American media does not equal the American people - thanks.

Why else would Janet have been wearing a pastie under her clothes?
It wasn't a pasty it was a nipple ring with a nipple guard/shield (I've heard it called both) in the shape of a star around her nipple.

I think this whole boob issue is silly. Women still wear about as much on the beach. The hand-wringing "Won't someone please think of the children," act would be easier to swallow if it hadn't hadn't occurred in a yearly event that glorifies violence, consumerism and features scantily clad, silicone-breasted cheerleaders who bounce around for the enjoyment of the mostly male audience while the half-time performers sing lyrics about strippers, prostitutes, picking someone up at club and getting them naked and "riding" a cute guy. I mean really if you're going to call out Janet and Justin for that you should just scrap the pop performers and bring back the Sousa marches and "Up With People."

Whether it was planned or not - I'm inclined to say yes and who cares. If CBS has a problem with that then both Janet (Ms. Jackson if you're nasty) and Justin Timberlake should be banned from the Grammys this Sunday - banning Ms. Jackson only is unfair.

Now, the real question - Did Janet's breast see its shadow? Are we having 6 more weeks of winter?

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.