All right, I have just discovered a computer crime so heinous that I'm just livid. I mean, I can barely see my keyboard for typing I'm so mad!!

Today, I logged on to the LnC Fanfic Archive to do a little catch-up Kerth reading. To my surprise, a story that I pulled up had several words highlighted in blue, indicating a link. "How odd," thought I. The words were things like "cameras" and "flowers" and "pheremones." When I clicked on the highlighted word, I was jumped to what appeared to be search result pages for things like cameras and flowers and pheremones.

Someway, somehow, the lovely story I wanted to read had been turned into one gigantic advertisement, complete with links. I opened a couple of other stories to find the same problem.

And then, the coup de grace - when I sat down to compose this post, the little bugger on my machine turned the words I was typing into those nefarious links!!! When I typed the word "flower" it converted it into a link, but there was no coding indicated in my base post that I could delete. It was completely out of my control.

I'm imagining that means that anything I post to the internet or on these boards would contain certain words converted to links even though I had never the intention of that happening, and there is no way to avoid it.

We are trying to figure out what has caused this, running umpteen types of window-washing software, but I wondered if anyone out there had ever encountered this problem before and if so, how did they solve it? It has only affected one of our two machines (thankfully), but I'm just beside myself with disgust.

If I ever get my hands on the #@$% person who's responsible for such devious ad practices...even Superman won't be able to save them.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah