A lot of people seem to be noticing that I have been signing my posts as Laura lately. I guess that happened without any warning and I tend to forget that not everyone who reads my posts hears my rants about my name on IRC wink .

I've gotten a few comments about the name change and people have mistaken me for the other LauraBF. The other LauraBF emailed me because people have asked her if she and I are the same person, so I felt I needed to clarify my decision.

My real name is Laura U. Alicia U. is my pen name that I chose to use many years ago -- back in high school -- when I first started writing fanfic because I didn't want my RL friends to know that I write fanfic. But now the name Alicia bugs me. It was my Spanish name in high school and no one pronounces it correctly and I would rather be known as Laura than as Alicia -- it was so weird in North Carolina when people called me Alicia -- I didn't know who they were talking about wink . I tried to use Ali on IRC, but Kaethel was the only person that caught on smile , so some people on IRC convinced me to not use Alicia if I hate it so much.

From now on, I will be using my pen name when I write stories and my real name for everything else. Ex. on IRC I am now using LauraU instead of AliciaU. I am the same person, and the reason I hadn't made this change when I returned from my 2 year absense is because I didn't want everyone to be confused having too many Lauras.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve