In the past 24 hours I've received 6 so-called "bounced" messages from the Mailer Daemon for e-mails that were undeliverable. Each of them contained a virus (Klez or Mainframe, or any one of 2 or 3 others.) The only thing is, I didn't send them, and I ran several online scans on the possibility that maybe I had a virus that was mailing them out, using my address book.

I didn't have any such virus. The ones from the emails were the only ones there, and my
Norton Antivirus had grabbed them and quarantined them before they could do any damage. The only thing I can conclude is that somebody I know, in the LnC community, has the virus and it is mailing itself to other people with my return address on the email, so I get the bounced emails. It has to be the LnC group, because the addresses they
bounced *from* were also in the LnC group. Others may also be getting them with their return address on the email. By the way, I know they aren't coming from my computer, now. The last bounced message was addressed to Mackteach, and she isn't in my address book.

Anyway, check your computers. And watch out for "returned mail" that you didn't send. I just got another one, and I've just gotten online after last night's third online scan.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.