(...) the only thing I know is that she's not that serious about him
Then what are you afraid of?

I can see your point, I mean, you're really close friend to her, and obviously, you don't want to lose that but, You think they could get more 'serious'? Do you want to wait until they get more serious?

Sorry, just me wild guessing here, don't pay attention...told you I was the wrong person to ask. wink

I don't know your friend, but unless you give it a try (whenever that is, I know it's freaky) you'll never know for sure if she sees you as 'good old reliable' Ja-10 (in lack of better name) or if she sees you as 'more than a friend'.

Anyway, the decision is yours (see previous replies)

Carole

PS.: Just for the record, and on belhalf of my babbling mode, one of my schoolfriend (a girl), she had a 'just a friend' boyfriend she knew from daycare. And he always went to her to pour his heart out about his current girlfriend(s). Actually, like I told her, he came to her when he had no current girlfriend. And she really seemed to have a thing for him. But there was another guy asking her out and she didn't know what to do, apart asking me for advice. (Never a good move, but...)

Anyway, I told her honestly what her daycare boyfriend made me feel like, using her like he didn't give a damn to what she could feel. The next time he called her, she served him my exact comments. That was four years ago. They're newly engaged and happily sharing an appartment now. smile1