Ok, I might be the only person that finds this absolutely hillarious, but I am going to post it anyway because it made me laugh for a long time.

A little background: I am a teaching assistant for a computer modeling biomedical engineering class and my students had a project to turn in on Monday and the professor and I are just now reading the reports. One group's report had me absolutely in stitches! They listened to my request to make their reports as funny and as interesting as possible and they covered all of the pages with cute stickers and little crayon drawings smile (Dr. Otani was jealous that I got the "special copy").

Anyway, here are some quotes that had me ROTFLMAO - and that is hard to do in this class - so I just had to share them. These are all quotes that come directly from the project that this one group turned in.

"... Thank you Super [Alicia], queen of all TAs."

"... obligatory rhyme: by explaining the concept of creating nodes, we neared the understanding of the final code."

"In order for us to do this, we came up with the formula (aka Dr. Otani told us the formula)..."

"We had no clue on how to approach the solve circuit function and didn't really care..."

"[Alicia] worked with me (Kristen) on this over the internet and we narrowed down the problem to something I cannot remember right now. I would have to look it up. Hold on. Oh yeah, now I remember..."

"[Alicia] and I were really happy when we found that solve circuit worked ... then we talked about [Alicia's] scary canoeing accident. It makes me not want to go canoeing for senior week!"

"The Two Dimensional Heart AKA: 'Be Still My <2-D, Simulated> Heart! by Kristen Purkinje* F. *Denotes pseudonym not actual middle name."

"Success was achieved after midnight ... never was there a happier girl!"

"My pride and joy was figuring out how to make this color plot look more like a heart. I decided that I wanted to invest my time into a His-Purkinje system. Not only does it sound cool when I tell my parents (and friends, and strangers,...) that "I made a model of a 2-D heart with a His- Purkinje system..."

"... then decreasing the other resistivity will make it even better. It did. I was happy."

"Here are some still shot plots of my heart as it progresses through one beat. It's very exciting. I will walk you through it. (You will love it just like all the other poor souls who were nearby while I was doing this.) Pretend I keep tapping you on the arm at certain intervals saying, 'oooooh, look, look, it's starting to repolarize there!'"

And finally,

"The last plot shows the entire heart engulfed in repolarization. Yay heart! Ok, I lied, that wasn't the last plot... 'Thanks for watching' (That's what I say to everyone who spends the three minutes watching the plot)"

I don't know, I was laughing so hard reading this lab (and looking at the colorful crayon and stickers) that I nearly spilled pop out of my mouth - which is easy to do because half of my mouth is numb anyway. Or maybe my brain is numb because I just spent 4.5 hours listening to horribly boring statistics projects and almost anything is funny to me now smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve