I wasn't sure whether to put my thoughts here or tie them in to the Soul Mates Episode Discussion Thread , or even if this should go over in FanFic Related, so I apologize in advance for any misplacement of this discussion.

In "Soul Mates", after Lois and Clark decide to let Baron Tempos win in order for The Fox be banished instead of killed (although, I've always thought Baron Tempos plans to hunt Lord Charles down and kill him off as Prince Humperdink does in Princess Bride), they return to the present only to find that history has changed so completely that Tempus is now King (I have some ideas on how this could have happened if anyone is interested), but another aspect of this new time-line is that Lois and Clark HAVE NO MEMORY OF THIS, no memory of their current lives, or their current situation. If this is NOW their current life, doesn't that mean they should have the memories, which go along with it?

We already know from "Tempus Fugitive" that HG Wells can somehow block their memories via some time-travel trick, so why don't Lois and Clark have any memory of their "new" lives after they return from their time-travel / soul travel adventure?

I know that MLT brushes on this topic on her excellent alt-world fic The Time-Traveler\'s Wife , where the new memories take time to appear once the past has been altered.

What are your thoughts?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.