Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
I agree with Christina - this is one of the best episodes of the series. Lois, having the powers and facing the awesome responsibility - how can you go wrong with a premise like that?

Plus, I like how they dress her in the suit/vest/tie, so that she can pull on her tie as she's running off to be UW. A little in-joke there.

Bobbart tells a tale of another way that Lois might have gotten Clark's powers in Luck And Consequences . He brings up some interesting food for thought - I don't want to spoil the fic, so go and read it. Adding icing to the cake is the sequel, The Return of Ultra Woman . Fine fics, well told.

Nan Smith shows us what happens in the alt-world, when alt-Lois gets alt-Clark's powers in How I Spent My Christmas Vacation - One Year Later . This is part of a series that deals with the adventures of the alt-Clark and alt-Lois, and the series begins, logically, with How I Spent My Christmas Vacation . Don't miss.

It's always fun reading Plot Untwist Challenge Fics, and Anne Spear doesn't disappoint with the snappy Ultra Squirrel . It's laugh-out-loud funny.

Anti-Kryptonite has a change in tone in her excellent Lighter Than Air, Better Than Gravity , where Lois and Clark come to a new understanding of their relationship after the events of "Ultra Woman".

Another reflective fic is Forever by Cindy Leuch.

I think my favorite episode-related fic is Sue S's Flying Lessons , where Sue asks the question, what if the superpower swap had occurred in the second season, before Lois knew that Clark was Superman?
This another episode re-write that was not mentioned here. It's one I've been looking for for a while and I just recently found again. It is called Ultra Matum by Zoomway.

I know in my mind's eye I have the beginning plotting of a version of this story (in terms of the concepts explored as well as a romance element). Basically Lois gets the powers through a lightning strike (she doesn't know Clark is Superman until long after she gets the powers).
She takes on a secret identity. As (in my mind's eye) it takes place somewhere in Season One, Luthor wants to seduce her, Superman wants to date her and Clark is jealous of the "new man" in Lois's life that she talks about in a vague fashion (Lois is just as jealous of the "new woman" in Clark's life not knowing it is she).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)