I'm still young enough to remember that when I wore a watch for the 1st time, I made the decision to wear it on my dominant hand, that is, my right hand.

I remember that I was corrected and told that the "correct" hand to wear my watch was the left hand, and I was really confused because the whole concept about looking at my left hand to tell time when I'm right handed was too much for my then young and easily confused mind.

such as checking how much time you have left while frantically scribbling answers in an exam [Smile] In fact, most people I knew in school who wore their watch on their dominant hand would take it off and put it on the table during any exam that involved a lot of writing.
I remember that. LOL. During my O and A level exams, it was like preparing for war. First the watch was removed and place at an optimal position on the table such that you could see the time without changing writing posture. Then names and student numbers were written on at least 10 sheets of paper before the exam began so that the entire 3 hours of exams could be devoted to answering the questions. Some people even made rubber stamps of their names so as not to waste time and energy. We calculated how much time to spend per mark before the exam so we knew exactly how much time we had to work on a question. But I'm going off topic.

I know that my sister meclone2 got used to using her left hand to eat finger foods and sandwiches when we got into the bad habit of eating and surfing the net. This way, her right hand remains grease-free and she can use the mouse.

I sometimes wonder how much of our handedness is trained rather than inborned. I mean, my right hand is much more nimble than my left hand, but I do wonder if it is because I use my right hand so much that the muscles are more well developed than that of my left. I tried to hold a pencil with my left hand once. It wasn't pretty. :p

I mean, I play the piano. You pretty much need to be strong in both hands to handle running passages. You have no idea how many times I've cursed composers who put trills to be played by the left hand. Even with all the extra training my left hand gets because of piano, the playing field is still skewed towards the right hand. Imagine if you don't have a regular activity that requires the dexturity of your non-dominant hand. :p

twins
metwin1

PS: JudeMustard, welcome to the boards. I'm so glad to see another Singaporean here. smile