The ticker-tape reference was in Oedipus Wrecks, and I *think* it was "FOLCS +3 7/8"

We also claimed that several other things were nods to the fans. In Tempus Anyone, there was a character referred to as "Majordomo" -- at the time, we had 2(?) very active lists on a "majordomo" type server.

And "Swear to God, This Time We're Not Kidding" (the final real wedding ep) was full of stuff. For one thing, the name of the episode! The producers of the show had caught a *lot* of flak about the previous season's non-wedding arc, so when they tried to do another wedding episode, there was much skepticism. My favorite bit is near the end, when Clark asks "Mike" for reassurance that this is real, right, because otherwise, there will be *riots* <g> And he was so right...

There were a few others, too, I think. There was an active Internet list since at least the middle of second season, which is when I came in, but it might have started a year earlier. Some of the show's production staff reportedly subscribed and lurked on the list, and would print out comments to share with the crew. smile So they definitely knew we were out there.

PJ
who thinks somebody ought to write all this stuff down, somewhere, because her memory isn't quite what it used to be wink

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K