I was watching some of my old L&C tapes, and I spotted an kind of strange (for me, anyway) blooper. Lois, Clark, and Lois' mother are sitting at an outdoor cafe, waiting for the wedding coordinator. The actress playing Lois' mom points out to Dean that he has forgotten his napkin (a prop). Dean actually looks more annoyed than grateful, but he does take the napkin. Later in the scene, Clark hears a call for help, dabs his lips with his napkin, and excuses himself from the table.

So, my question, why is it so important for Clark to dab his lips with his napkin every time he gets up from the table? Searching my L&C tapes, I see that he does this all the time. Is is intended to show how well-mannered Clark is? Would people actually notice if he didn't do it? Is it just a little contrivance added to the script to make it seem more "real", like they actually had been eating? Especially, the fact the the other actress points out the napkin to Dean makes me think possibly this is not the first take - had he forgotten the napkin in the past? Did they have to re-shoot just because "Clark" didn't use his napkin?

Does anyone else think this is even remotely interesting, or do I just have *way* too much free time on my hands!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster