Originally posted by Female Hawk:
Interesting.

I don't think anyone can accurately predict where this will go or what effect it will have on any given fandom.

However, in my experience, money has great capacity to taint things. There will be contracts, deadlines, copyright issues, people complaining because they didn't get what they thought they paid for, disputes over similar ideas, and arguments between writers and BRs over percentages. Much of the fun will be leached out of it.

I love the purity (not the right word, but as close as I can get) of fanfic. I love that writers freely give of their talents, time, and stories. I love that BRs commit to a story that isn't theirs and offer their thoughts to help it be as good as it can be. I love that many others contribute through editing, maintaining the archive, and organising the Kerths. I love that readers show their appreciation through feedback, emails, and voting in Kerths. Everything is done simply because we love Lois and Clark and want to share our enjoyment of those characters with like-minded people.

IMO, getting paid would be a financial gain, but overall, we would lose something worth far more than mere money.

Corrina.
hail Well put.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon