A couple of my stories: Superman, What? (set in my Missing Lois universe), and The Superman Effect (an extra vignette of my Wrong Trilogy) while set in universes of some other stories also work as stand-alone stories.

Green-Eyed Monster precedes Nightfall Honeymoon (currently clogging up Labby's GE mailbox.)

Book 1:Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois (also about to be returned from GE to Labby) precedes Book 2:Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark (WIP) of my Wrong Trilogy. (I haven't come up with a title for Book 3, yet.) But I've already warned Labby of that they are part of a series.

While Lois Rules! - A Story goes hand-in-hand with Lois Lane - A Handbook I don't think they count as a series. (Although, I do have a sequel for Lois Rules! - A Story in my plot bunny slush pile.)

Just a Little Too Far and Just a Little Too Much are not a series, but they both start out the same, but end differently.

Maybe you could ask writers to note when submitting stories to the Archive (in the comments/notes section) or add a check-box to the submission form, should the story be part of a series or a sequel to an already submitted story. (My guess is that sometimes when the first story is submitted to Labby, the writer doesn't know that he/she will write another story in that universe or a sequel.) I try to make such a note when submitting stories to the Archive.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.