Originally posted by Sue S.:
From Kansas to NJ / NY you'd take I-70 to I -76 to I-78 and need cross: Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania into NY
One small correction. Traveling on I-70 from Ohio to Pennsylvania, you're going to pass through roughly 12 miles of the northern panhandle of West Virginia. I used to live there. wink

ETA: I've driven I-70 from Colorado to DC and it took four very long days. Day 1 - Denver to Kansas City, Day 2 - Kansas City to Indianapolis, Day 3- Indianapolis to Wheeling (WV), Day 4 - Wheeling to DC. Assuming that Metropolis is in the general vicinity of New York, I'd say it would still take 4 days to drive it.
Those sound like short driving days, unless you run into a lot of traffic. According to Google Maps, it's only about 5.5 hours from Indianapolis to Wheeling, barring traffic. It took roughly 8 hours to drive from southern IL near Metropolis (hehe) to the mountains of southern WV, except when we ran into troubles in Louisville. I think it took us only about 7 to get to Charleston, WV.

Google Maps says 22-23 hours from Wichita to Philadelphia. Two days seem reasonable, unless you're taking the scenic route.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited