I hate to put the damper on this party, but the material here is not public domain material. In other words, Warner Bros. holds the copyright to the characters and none of us have permission to use them. We do it because we are more or less underneath the radar on the computer and at the time all this started the lawyers didn't understand computers. You note we put big disclaimers on the front of our stories, but that could hold very little legal water if WB wanted to take the effort to push the issue. So we do run the risk of being shut down some day or having to pay WB! ACK!

What you print out on your home printer is your business, but if you print and bind a book at a public site, you are publishing even if it is one book. If that is mailed, that is transportation across state lines (assuming out of state) and the FBI has jurisdiction.

Hence the large effort by Lauren, Dorowen, Bobbart and others to convert the fiction into other forms that could more easily be read on hand held devices such as readers and ipads.

For economy of printing on your home computer, .pdf double page would probably offer the best book-like experience.

I used to be a died-in-the-wool book reader and would haul 20 paperbacks on a trip and buy more during the trip, but now I'm a total Reader convert. I went on a 16 day cruise and had 100 books, plus some LnC fiction, at my fingertips.

I have Sony Reader and HP iPac, others have Kindle, which is wifi accessible and good in airports and such.

Sorry for the bad news, but I hate to see this plus fanfiction.net shut down sometime in the future. I would be very frustrated.

This is my opinion. If LabRat or Lauren or Karen come on and say otherwise, I bow to their opinion.
regards
Artemis
P.S. There are more stories converted to epub than are listed on the Archive, including most of Nan Smith's stories. Find them here: epub site

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis