Hello,

Suppose a police officer were to kill someone in the line of duty. I am sure that they would be offered counselling. What other resources or support services would be available to such an officer to help them deal with the emotional fallout of having taken a life? Would similar services/resources be available to a war veteran who was trying to re-integrate into civilian life?

This information will be useful for my next fanfic. The story will be a lot more ambitious than anything I have written thus far, and it will also be a lot more serious than anything I have written, with the exception of "If Looks Could Kill." I am not sure how well it will turn out -- for a lot of reasons, writing it will take me way out of my comfort zone as an author. If it turns out OK, I'll post it once it has been completed and BR-ed. If it turns out too awful to be salvaged, I'll chalk it up as an educational writing exercise and I'll post the premise as a challenge in the hopes that an author better able than I to tackle the premise will flesh it out.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. smile

Joy,
Lynn