Generally speaking, it will depend on the reader. You can't please everyone all the time, so I wouldn't restrict myself on a story plot covering any of your scenarios to try and do so.

You will usually find readers for them and readers who are against them, no matter which plot you tackle.

IOW, there are no right or wrong answers and none of these are not OK. Most of them have been done by other authors in the past and while at times reception has been mixed to some of these plot ideas, you'll also find that most of the stories in question have been some of the most popular in the fandom, too. Certainly, the most talked about. laugh And many have gone on to win Kerths.

At a personal level, I'm much more concerned with them being in character. I'm a firm believe in an author being able to make characters do anything - even things they might not normally do - so long as they show logically how they got there. It's when the motivations don't gell for me or the actions make no sense or come out of left field without good explanation that I balk. I generally find that if a story is well written, the author can take me along with them on most things.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers