Hello, FoLCs. I would like to play a game. cool It's called Odd One Out - any fandom can play it, and one doesn't even need to restricted it to fanfic per se. Anyway, here's the complete rules:

RULES

1. I (The Dealer) will list a certain quantity of fanfics. Just for example, let's say that number is 9. All of them have something in common. You must identify what all of them have in common.

2. Of those 9 hypothetical fics, 8 will have a trait which 1 of them does not share. Again, you must identify the common trait, and which fic is the Odd One Out.

3. Now that that's done, you are free to keep going. See if 7 have something in common that leaves 1 out in the cold. Of those remaining 7, what is the common ground among only 6?

4. Using this process of elimination, see how close you can get to having just 2 fics. This may or may not be possible; the dealer only has to satisfy rules 1 and 2.

SCORING AND NOTES

*The Dealer must find fics which share a common trait, and of which all but one share another common trait. Anything beyond this is left to happenstance.

*For a good common thread, you get 2 points. E.G., "Joker And Riddler's Day Out and To The Batpole Robin are Slash Fics"

*For a "given" common thread, you get no points. E.G., "Joker And Riddler's Day Out and To The Batpole Robin are both works of fanfiction."

*For an incorrect common thread, you lose the round. E.G., "Joker And Riddler's Day Out and To The Batpole Robin are both Superman fanfics."

*As this is just for fun, points and winning/losing mean nothing anyway. wink

Okay, is all that clear? Any questions? Are y'all ready? I'll get the first round set up. dance

~•~