Technically, this question is for my NANO original fiction, but it could apply to fic to so...

As I understand it, you sign the prenup some period of time before the wedding - a week? Month? Whatever, but not like... at the ceremony when you sign the license, right?

I'm also thinking about Lois and Lex here. I don't KNOW that he would have insisted on a prenup because he'd just have her killed if something went wrong, but if he did have her sign one some period of time before the wedding...

What happens if she calls off the wedding? Can there be a stipulation in there that if she doesn't marry him, there is some kind of penalty?

I know nothing about them :p . Anyone know anything about how they work?

ETA: Okay, online research has said that they recommend signing a prenup at least 30 days before the wedding and best if it's done before the invitations go out so that there's less chance of being accused of 'coercion' [oh by the way honey, i know we had the rehearsal dinner tonight, would you mind signing this? kind of thing]. But I can't find anything that says what happens if there's no wedding... does it just go poof?

What about something along the lines of 'if the wedding doesn't happen, each party is responsible for half the nonrefundable expenses associated with the wedding/honeymoon' - imagine that if Lex hadn't jumped :p .