Now, as I understand it, for a number of procedures, medical isotopes are ingested. These isotopes are actually radioactive and stay in the system after the medical procedures are finished. Now, since radioactivity never completely vanishes, but instead decreases by half-lifes, would it be possible for someone who had had one of these procedures done to figure out, by measuring the half-life of the resulting radioactivity in one’s system, how long ago the procedure had been done?

Now, keep in mind that this is for a Lois and Clark story - so the science doesn’t have to be perfected yet in our universe. But in theory, could someone like Dr. Klein come up with a way of doing this?

Also, if this might be possible, what type of procedures do they use medical isotopes for? I need Lois to have had this procedure at some point in the past. Oh, and I need some medical jargon for Dr. Klein to explain what he’s doing to Lois.

Can anyone help?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane