I figured I ought to put this into a separate thread, for easy access. laugh

First of all, you'll need an IRC program. mIRC is a popular program for Windows, while ircle (unregistered has a 30 minute limit) and XChat Aqua are available for the Mac. For those rare linux users, check out XChat and irssi. While the server we use (undernet.org) has a webchat, I don't recommend it since you can't put the channels in side-by-side mode (something you may want, considering the scroll!)

The server we'll be using is undernet.org. Most IRC programs have a list of servers already in place, but if you have any problems connecting to a server, the list can be found here .

The two channels we'll be in is #kerthawards and #kerthchat. Once you're connected to a server, use the following commands to join the channels:

/join #kerthawards
/join #kerthchat

Wendy posted some wonderful mIRC instructions (with screenshots!) from a previous Kerth Ceremony here . There are also a lot of threads that deal with IRC questions on the boards.

If you have any questions or issues, PM me. I'm already in the channels, so feel free to stop by and test things out!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited