Hey hey, SQD!!

I agree that Lois needs to go rafting for a story. How about this -- she needs to get onto some private property, and learns that the river is the only access that the public has to that land. I know when my Dad goes fishing in Montana and the Canadian Rockies, there is sometimes a part of the river that is technically "private," but some guides befriend the property owner so they can gain access to it. Perhaps Clark is the only person that can pass through one particular area that Lois needs to investigate.

This might also be a reason for Lois and Clark to "get close." Maybe she is asking him so many questions about the land/the area/the property owner, he perceives it as flirting.

Also maybe you can set it up that Clark's tour provides 2-person tents, and there are couples and twosomes of friends on the trip, so somehow Lois is the "odd man out" and must bunk with Clark??

There are such things as a "hot spring," which is basically a natural hot tub. I would think Clark would have to tell Lois about the location of one of these, because certain kinds of hot springs might not be safe to go into (too hot, too dangerous, etc). Yellowstone National Park has this kind of geology.

Very excited to see your newest project!!
WD

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.