Hi!

I know there tons of examples here but right now I can't think of a story that has both and is on the gfic-archvies (no italics) no less.

Okay, lets start easy. In a third person POV story there is sometimes inner thoughts displayed as direct speech. Sure, you can always use indirect speech, too, but still. I checked with some printed novels and there the direct speech is usually printed in italics.

Lois was thinking to herself what a lucky girl she was.
I'm a really lucky girl, Lois thought.

And then there is telepathic conversation, something a bit less common in your average novel. In LnC verse, I've seen mostly angle brackets for that kind of thing, < for opening quote and > for the closing quote.

So, how would you translate that to the gfic-archive's possibilities?

Right now I'm using >> << for direct speech thoughts and would use < > for telepathy. But I know that the >> << aren't really the best way to deal with this frown

So, any suggestions from those better versed in the grammar jungle? Your help's very much appreciated.

Thanks, Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.