In an effort to avoid the confusion I had last year...

Does voting end on at midnight Sunday *night* or midnight Sunday *morning*?
This actually caused me to not be able to vote last year.

I used to do assignments like that and finally made them due at 11:59pm to avoid the confusion
I think this would be preferable.

I never heard of that before. There is only one midnight in a 24 hour day. So midnight Sunday is 12 p.m. Sunday EST or 9 p.m. PST on the west coast.
Are you sure midnight isn’t 12 [i]AM[i]? Going by military time doesn’t help either. I found sites where midnight was listed as 0000 making it 12 am. I also found sites where midnight was listed as 2400 making it 12 pm.

Midnight Sunday is *not* Monday. Sunday ends at 12 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds and Monday begins at 0 hours, 0 minutes and one nanosecond. A 24 hour clock will actually turn from 24:00:00 to 0:00:01.
But as I noted.... Is midnight 0000 or 2400? There are differences of opinion.

That's odd... I'd always been told the other way 'round. That midnight is very first thing in the morning.

11:59:59 -> 00:00:00
Yep, as I said there are differences in opinion.

The military and the airlines and the government have midnight as the last of the day, not the beginning of a new day. Maybe the IT types that created the boards you speak of didn't know that. I usually get my votes in sometime during the day on Sunday, since my deadline is 9 p.m. anyway. One second after 9 p.m. cooks it for me.
You're in Missouri, and CST, so it is 11 p.m. for you. If you did it just before your midnight, you were an hour too late.
So I’m in the eastern time zone and am still confused.

All I want is for someone from KCom to let me know, since I'm in CT, if I need to vote by 11pm CT on Saturday or 11pm CT on Sunday.
Yes, I want to know this, too. I’m still confused, even after looking at the chart Artemis posted in another thread. How about dropping the midnight thing all together and making it 11:59 pm? And if you don’t want to do that, then how about making it 11 pm Eastern time? That would probably cut down confusion.

Well, I’ve said my 2 cents worth. wink

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~