The old Guess the Author thread revived an old interest. It was so fun I think we should do them again.

How did that work last time? We were given a six week period of time to write a story, e-mailed it to an impartial third party who posted it to the boards? The only difference is that I think we should decide in advance that at the end of six weeks a list should be made, in alphabetical order, of all who wrote fics alongside a list of titles, in order of posting. Then the official guesses can go in that folder for one week with the revelations to follow.

I think we should also do another gift-fic. If I remember correctly you write three things you want in a fic, three things you don't want in a fic, your favorite season and some other thing I don't remember. If we do this, I think there should be two people running it, so they can send and receive a fic and still keep the secret.

Of course, the bummer is that I'm suggesting these right before a bunch of great authors write a novel. However, if we slide the days just right we can still get this to work. The Guess-the-Author could be from now until December 15. The gift-fic could have sign-ups from now until December 10. The assignments could be mailed out at or before December 15 with the gift-fics (was that called a fic-a-thon?) to be posted by January 30.

So what say ye, fair folcs. Is anybody interested in twisting again like we did last summer? (Translation, should we do these shindigs again?) If there is sufficient interest I don't mind being the person to post the Guess-the-Author stories this time. If this is the wrong time of year or somebody has a great idea, I'm open to suggestions.

I'm also willing to be one of two who would post gift-fic assignments. Is there a second volunteer? Ditto the note about is there sufficient interest, a better suggestion on timing or a new great idea.

Elisabeth