I just finished reading My Big Goodbye and this series is adorable. Absolutely adorable. I am so glad there is a 5th installment!
Thanks, Bellarata -- you're good for my ego, and I could use the boost today laugh (thanks, Carol & Nan, for pointing them out) I wrote a short one years back, too -- Million Miles Away but, um, let's just say my writing has improved since then.

I second the recommendation for "Then Came You" -- awesome fic. It's part of TUFS. Season 5/6 also did an alt-Clark story, by Kathy Brown but I don't remember the title.

Carol Malo did a terrific one -- Connections .

And the all-time, don't-stop-the-plane-I-want-to-keep-reading-for-hours, long angsty wonderful alt-Clark fic is "Long Strange Trip" by Leela. But don't start reading it until you have a day where you don't have to do much. 'Cause you won't be doing much else.

One of my favorite shorter ones is "In the Bleak Midwinter" by Wendy Richards.

PJ
[eta -- oops, some of those were already mentioned. But what the heck, they deserve multiple mentions.]

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K