I'll be different, I like the "soft" revelations, because no matter how much Lois has gotten over her crush on Superman, she still finds him pretty awe-inspiring, and I can't imagine that she'd immediately be able to start yelling at him even if he turns out to be her best friend. I also think there'd be a touch of triumph that she's gotten the guy that so many other women want--let's face it, she likes winning any competition.

I also like the revelation fics where Clark comes across as less wimpy--c'mon, after S1 he feels guilty about hiding things (both the Superman secret and that he loves her) from Lois, but he's shown that he's the one man strong enough to stand up to her anger, and even if he doesn't want to hurt her, and doesn't know what he can do to make things right, he doesn't have to cringe like a puppy in front of her. I've read a few stories where Clark comes across as so weak emotionally that I can't understand what Lois sees in him. The Clark I saw in the show was strong in many ways, with just enough human weaknesses to make him lovable (although I admit I turned it off during the S3 clone arc and never watched it again until I bought the DVDs last year).