Adding to Paul's comment about Google...

There are companies now that will do a Google search on prospective employees' names. I haven't actually experienced it, but I have heard of people getting in trouble because of entries in their blogs/myspace/facebook etc (either stuff they've said, stuff said about them, pictures in...not so professional positions).

I personally think that, in the horror stories I've heard, the employers are at fault in not using discernment with the results they found, because they've refused to hire people for really stupid reasons.

The only reason I'm bringing this up is that it's possible (how probable, I have no idea) that this person is worried about what the inclusion of their name in fanfic could say to employers -- in that the employer might think it's a cameo/shoutout or something like that. (Again, if an employer had a problem with it, I'd say the employer is stupid, but hey, it's their prerogative.)

I'm not saying you need to change the name, especially if the request was rude (as it sounds). I'm just trying to offer a potential reason for his request.

And if I'm rambling and making no sense, let's just blame it on my sunburn. O:-)

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.