Over on another thread, Pam said:

Now, if someone wanted to do a thread about great stories that somehow never got a Kerth nom... that might be very interesting
Well, never let it be said I could resist a challenge. <g> And great idea, Pam.

So...what are your recommendations from all those great stories out there which missed out on being nominated/winning a Kerth? Just one - obvious - rule for this one - no Kerth nominees/winners allowed. This is a Kerth-free zone. wink If you're unsure of Kerth status check out the story on the Archive - with a few exceptions, it should have a Kerth icon next to it if it was a nominee/winner. (For nfic stories you'll have to check out the nKerth website).

One of the first which springs to my mind is the wonderfully hilarious vignette from Alicia U, Duckyman . I remember being so disappointed it never made the nominations list because I thought it was the funniest vignette of its year.

Shayne Terry's beautifully lyrical vignettes, Beauty , Rain and Rapture are worth a look.

Tracey's New Year\'s Wishes is one I tend to pull out and read again over the festive season.

Jennifer Eagan Dixons's stories are worth checking out. In particular, her When Magnolias Bloom is one of my all time favourite deathfics. And An A For Effort and Exhaustedly Happy are cute and funny little snapshots of Lois and Clark's married life.

Dominique Melaragni's Whiskey Galore is not just a great story, but has a special place in my heart because it's set in my favourite place on earth, St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland. Her Twas The Week Before Christmas is another seasonal fic I tend to revisit.

Over to you guys. You know there's a lot more than the above out there. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers