Please note that Paul is no longer handling audiofic for the fandom. Any recording should be directed to LabRat, although the rest of the instructions should still apply.

As you may have noticed over in FoLC Productions and on the archive, some of us have been having fun with AudioFic - recording audio versions of archived stories. The archive is now going to be hosting audiofics, and I've kind of been put in charge of local coordination.

So, first off... Authors wanted!!

We're not going to record any stories without the author's permission. So if you are an author and would like (or, at least, wouldn't mind) having your story recorded, let me know! Post here, email me, PM me... whatever works.

When you do, please let me know what your archive name is. smile

Second... Readers wanted!! For more info on that, you can check here .

You can also check out my quickie Guide To Recording .

If you're interested in reading and need help, let me know.

Anyone willing and able to make a clear recording is welcome. You don't even have to sign up with the boards. Just email me, and we can work from there.

When you make a recording, please include everything that's in the archive file. Full header, author's note, etc. Just after reading the header, include a line to let us know who's reading.

For example:

"My First Story, by Some Author. Rated G. Submitted December 2003. Recorded by Jane Doe. Author's Note..."

If you feel it is appropriate/helpful, you may add phrases such as "Author's Note" and "The End." Up to your preferences and common sense.

When you finish reading the story, please add the following:

"This has been a Lois and Clark Fanfic Recording. Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and related characters are copyrighted by Time-Warner, Inc. Some situations and dialog may have been borrowed from the show. No copyright infringement is intended. Authors and readers receive no monetary benefit from their work. For more information and to see and hear other stories, please visit lcfanfic.com."

If you're reading a longer story, please look for natural breaks at about the 1 - hour mark. That'll keep file sizes from getting unmanagably huge. If you can't, don't worry about it. We'll break it up for you. smile

If you do break it up, you can add part numbers and the disclaimer to the end of each hour. For example:

"End of Part One. This has been a Lois and Clark fanfic recording..."

When you start the next part, begin with something along the lines of:

"[Story Title] by [Author]. As read by [Reader]. Part [#]."

When you save the recording, please use the following ID3 tag format:

Title: Story Title
Artist: Author's Name
Album: www.lcfanfic.com
Comments: Recorded by Your Name

If you want to, you can also select "Genre: Speech," but it's not important.

If you're recording in parts, add the part number after the title.

If you forget to do the ID3 tag, or if you don't know how, don't worry. Audacity automatically prompts you to fill out the form when you go to save the file.

Please save in MP3 format at a bit rate of 64kbps. To do this in Audacity, go to Edit -> Preferences -> File Formats. Then choose 64 from the pull-down menu at the bottom.

When you're done recording, send me the file. My email is in my boards profile. If you're not sure how to get the file to me, you can go to:

http://www.yousendit.com

If you have any questions about any of this or need help with anything, let me know. It may seem a little intimidating at first, but it's really not that hard once you get things set up.

Paul

EDIT: As has been pointed out to me, the list below is starting to get a little out of hand. Which is cool, but makes things a little cumbersome.

So, I'm going to move it to its own thread. I'll try to keep the list current, showing which stories are available, which ones are being worked on, which ones have been done, etc.

For here, I'll just keep a list of authors. If an author only grants permission for some of her work, I'll mention that here and leave the specifics for the other thread.

Full Project List

Remember to keep your eye out for multi-authored stories. Record them only if all authors involved have granted permission.

Authors whose works are available to record:

(Symbolic) Angel
Carr, Christine
CarolM
Chamorro, Jose Antonio
Cherry
Connell, Yvonne
Doc. Klein's LabRat
Dutch, Irene
Jernigan, Pam
Kaethel
Klingler, Erin
LaraMoon
Malo, Carol
MetroRhodes
Mr. D8A
MrsMosley
Owens, Janet (TicAndToc)
Potts, Mary AKA Queen of the Capes
Rhea
Richards, Wendy
RL
Saskia
Thompson, M.L.
Tracey
Wilson, Tank

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.