Thank you all for the replies!

It's funny, but when I first started writing, I used the 'said Clark' formula. The first parts of 'Lois, Clark and Sharlynn' are written this way. But later I picked up 'Clark said' because I saw it used more often around here.

Which leads me to wonder, I've heard that English is considered by many to be the hardest language to learn by non-English-speaking people because it has so many irregularities and inconsistencies.
The English language has so many rules and exceptions, it's hard to learn in depth. It's not so difficult to learn the basics, but to become fluent is quite hard.
It depends on the level of fluency you're trying to achieve, I think. Up to a certain level (i.e. the level required to post in such a conversation) English is much easier than any other language I've come across. The problem comes when your writing is required to be absolutely flawless. English has the easiest grammar possible (no offense, but conjugating a verb in English is a joke) but it also has a lot of little details that are very easy to miss. Not that other languages don't, but I guess that, when learning the basics is not just a piece of cake, you learn to keep an eye open for any little detail and you're better prepared.

Babbling. Sorry. I'll just shut up now.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...