OK, most people probably have been here , but I hadn't seen it yet. I don't know any of the other fandoms, but the Lord of the Rings books have been my favorites for at least seven years now, since I discovered them. And the examples of truly awful LOTR fic are accompanied by the funniest reviews I've ever seen (even as they manage to be sarcastic and scathing).

The world of fan fiction is changed. I see it on the screen. I read it in the prose. I smell it in this reeking dungheap of badly spelled pseudo-Tolkienese the author sees fit to call poetry.
That reviewer continues on later with:

Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it. Like writing that makes sense. And spelling. And the rules of the English language. Or perhaps this poem was translated from the original Elvish by way of Babelfish?
And another review:

Unfortunately, the ignominious beginning is not as bad as it gets. You see, this is one of those horribly pointless songfics where the song lyrics are 90% of the story and the author has deigned to contribute a sentence or two between verses. I would spare you the lyrics and concentrate on the pearls of prose actually written by the author but even the song is not safe from her editorial comments.

Oh, you don't know that you're hurting me
Cuz it's not just a sexual thing Author Note:(don’t like that line)
Then why quote it? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
This last fic's review had me in stitches. I just HAD to share the hilarity. wink

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.