Hi, I'm new and just had to join to reply on this thread. wink
Yay, I'm so happy so many of my favorites made it! I had forgotten about the Kerths until several days into the nominating process, and spent the last week reading all the eligible fics and evaluating them. laugh It was lots of fun and I discovered some really awesome fics in the process. But wow, I had no idea how long it took to read 200 fics, even speed reading like I do! (thankfully I'd read a few since December, when I discovered the Archive) Especially such long and GOOD ones as some of the above.
Nan, now why do you think you have no chance? Lol, your Wedding series is SO amazing. Probably my favorite of all your stuff.
Jenni, for not having any other eligible stories, A Gift for Life really makes up for it--I thoroughly enjoyed that one--the subject matter was fascinating, as I remember a Reader's Digest article awhile back about a family who had another child to save their eldest daughter.
LynnM, your story was one of the first I read in my long stream, and I was amazed--it is incredible. I really enjoyed it.
Aria, I have to say I loved Waking a Miracle, and am proud to say that I was one of the nominators. laugh
And Wendy, every time I see your name on something I think "oh, this one's going to be good", and I'm never disappointed. wink When I started reading L&C fanfic, you and Nan quickly became my favorite writers.
But there was SO much good stuff, it was incredibly difficult just to narrow down for nominations, even. I used a 1-4 rating system and rated only the 4s and 3-4s, and even then, I ran into serious probs with finding the best overall 'cause there were just too many 4s! (and the 4s are the ones that just blow me away when I read 'em--absolutely outstanding)
And then voting . . . that was agony. I at least narrowed it down to only those fics I had nominated, but there were still groups of 4 fics I'd have to go through and decide on, which took a long time--I understand LabRat's pain with the Best Overall category, lol. Very very hard--all the authors did such a great job, and it's been incredibly fun to read their handiwork. Thanks for providing readers like me with a chance to visit L&C-dom!

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.