Hello FOLCs. It's been awhile for me, but I'm always here lurking.

I had stopped writing for a long time--sort of post 9/11 blocked--and then I even stopped BRing (sorry writers). But I took a lovely fiction writing course this summer at Hofstra University and did many writing exercises from this wonderful book called "What If? Exercises for Fiction Writers" . Anne Bernays and Pam Painter authored...and it's just oodles of exercises for character studies, environment studies and what not to help the writer flesh out the world.

It really works too. When I finish some exercises, my keystrokes flow much more freely. So I wanted to pass it on. Since it's fairly large, I recommend getting it www.half.com.

Sherry
(Far be it from me to waste a de-lurking opportunity---been loving the fic from Yvonne, Meredith, LabRat, SQD, Tank, Wendy, MDL etc....been making me smile...well, the last section of LabRat's story--the part about Lex--made me grimace.... But that was intentional yes? Enough dashes and ellipses.)

Oh, and Pam....this is a nag! wink

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.