Okay, I shamelessly admit that I know how to pick a lock. A lot of them. But even if I know how to do it, it's hard to "explain" the whole process and writing it down on a piece of paper. Plus, in this timeline in the story, Lois hasn't even learned yet on how to do it. So I thought I could use an old trick I know instead, as to how you can break open a door. But when I did this once or twice myself blush , I didn't have a gun, but had bought gunpowder in packages. Now I need to get the powder from the bullet. So this is why I'm asking:

What kind of door (and how thick would it have to be?) would it be impossible to just "shoot open the lock" (internal) with an "ordinary gun"? Solid steel? And just what is an ordinary gun - what caliber, what type - can you name a few examples?

Now let's say you take out one bullet from this "ordinary gun" - can you screw it open, something like that, and pour out the powder?

Thanks in advance.

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay